I think as you are approaching a milestone birthday, or maybe any birthday, you start to think about where you are in life and where you want to be. Now, this year isn’t a “big” birthday, but it’s getting really close. So, I’m going to take some time to lay out some goals for myself over the next year.
- Neither of my parents have ideal health situations – high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes – so it is becoming more and more evident that I HAVE to take care of myself. Currently, I am overweight, but I’m not out of shape. My goals concerning my health –
- drink more water (64oz or more a day)
- limit alcohol consumption to once a week and no more than 2 drinks
- cut out as much unnatural (mainly bad carbs) foods as possible
- lose a minimum of 39 lbs over the next year
- incorporate a daily yoga routine (include planks to build up endurance)
- continue to increase my running stamina
- I want to expand my reading. I’ve done really well the past two months, but I want to make sure I keep reading and reviewing books. I also want to start reading more of the “classic” literature that I missed by going to a really conservative school. Goal – finish at least one book and post a review each week (52 total books)
- It has always been a goal of mine to be a writer. I love writing stories, but I have never finished one. This is my goal for the next year: to finish one of my stories. I’m going to set a goal of writing 300 words a day. I know that isn’t a lot, but I’ve learned if the goal is too big, I give up pretty easily.
- Keep learning Spanish. Daily practice on DuoLingo, and get bold enough to chat with my friend who owns my most favorite restaurant. He knows that I know a little Spanish, so I would like to surprise him one day and come in and just start chatting it up!
I’m sure I should have some work-related goals, but I’m still in summer mode right now, and I refuse to think about the upcoming school year until Monday. I hope you all enjoy my birthday as much as I will!
(Harry Potter inspired night at a local winery!!!)